Fundraising / Charity
22nd November 2021
Performing an evening solo recital, in support of Rainforest Concern, at the Travellers Club, London, on Monday 22nd November, at 6:30pm.
'The Trustees of Rainforest Concern request the pleasure of your company for an evening of music by the celebrated pianist Bobby Chen
6.30pm Monday 22nd November at The Travellers Club (106 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5EP)
- Dress: Lounge suits ; Telephone: 01225 481151 C; arriages 11pm
Tickets at £100 to include a three course dinner with wine of which £20 will be a donation to Rainforest Concern'
1) E-flyer of Event - www.bobbychen.org/fundraising-rainforestconcern
British Jesuit Alumni/ae Charitable Trust (Eagle Aid)
30th May 2019
Performing an evening solo recital, in the Annual reception and concert in support of Jesuit related charities, organised by the British Jesuit Alumni/ae Charitable Trust (Eagle Aid), at Ognisko Polskie (The Polish Hearth), London, on Thursday 30th May, at 7:30pm (6:45pm reception).
The recital would be in a 'Reception, Canapes and Recital' format, in support of The Langlands School and College, Chitral, north west Pakistan and other BJACT (Eagle Aid) projects. (Tickets would be £75, concessions available on application ; Raffle Prize Draw at 9.00pm ; Dress code: black tie)
1) Review of Event (Ollie Randall) - www.randallwriting.com/more-cartoons/artist-in-residence
2) External Webpage of Event (Stonyhurst College) - www.association.stonyhurst.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/BJA-Concert-300519.pdf
3) Cartoon of Performance (Ollie Randall) - www.randallwriting.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IMG_20190602_190010_526-600x488.jpg
Monkton Combe School
25th March 2010 to 1st June 2012
Performed for a fundraising campaign between 2009/10 and 2012, to help raise £3,200,000 towards the building of a new music centre at Monkton Combe School - as invited by Dr. Kerbey OBE.
Dr. Kerbey OBE engaged me to perform six (6) short solo recitals before 1st January 2012, once at Corpus Christi College in Oxford, twice at Pembroke College in Cambridge, once at the Royal College of Music in London, and once at Monkton Combe School, all in support of this very special fundraising campaign.
My involvement in this very special project culminated in my solo recital at Bowerman Hall, which is the dedicated performing space at the new music centre at Monkton Combe School, on 1st June 2012.
2) Mention - https://issuu.com/mcpublishing/docs/bathmag0712/62
Photos (Miscellaneous) - www.bobbychen.org/monktoncombeschool
30th June 2020
Recorded for 'The Concordia Foundation Vital Fund' fundraising campaign by Concordia Foundation, which aimed to raise a minimum of £20,000.
1) Listed as Alumnus - www.concordiafoundation.com/alumni
2) Featured in newsletter No.35: 21st anniversary - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d9/e3/73/d9e373d92cfc31806d23feb6b23b42af.jpg
3) Mentioned as 'International Ambassador' - https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54463ba7e4b0da769d414cfc/t/594cf277f7e0ab535a57abbc/1498215049942/Concordia+Newsletter+-+Summer+2017.pdf
4) 'The Concordia Foundation Vital Fund' details YouTube Link - https://youtu.be/hesrgebcqZ8
Keyboard Charitable Trust
19th October 2019 & 8th December 2019
Helping to set up two performances for young pianists from the Keyboard Charitable Trust, at The Church of the Immaculate Conception, Farm Street -
British Malaysian Society (BMS)
31st July 2017 + 3rd October 2017
The British Malaysian Society (BMS) 60th Merdeka Award for Young Composers 2017 on 31st July 2017, with performance at St. Lawrence Jewry next Guildhall, City of London (Guildhall Yard, London EC2V 5AA, UK) on 3rd October 2017.
1) Award Description a - www.facebook.com/thebritishmalaysiansociety1983/posts/923255981172863
2) Award Description b - https://d3hgrlq6yacptf.cloudfront.net/5f5b4e263e4f4/content/pages/documents/1506340447.pdf
3) Award Description c - www.thebritishmalaysiansociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/newsletter-autumn2017.pdf
4) Separate photos- www.bobbychen.org/britishmalaysiansociety
Malaysian British Society (MBS)
12th June 2010
The British Malaysia Society in association with Lord’s Taverners (Malaysia) was proud to arrange a series of recitals by Bobby Chen in Malaysia, June 2010, in aid of charity.
'Although he has played here on various occasions, we believe that his talent is not given the recognition it richly deserves. It is hoped that, through these occasions, Bobby will strengthen his links with his Malaysian roots and achieve his dream of establishing his own Music Academy, with the support of his alma mater, the Yehudi Menuhin School in the United Kingdom, to nurture young Malaysian musical talents and to share his experience, knowledge and skills with young Malaysian music prodigies.'
1) Mention of Event - www.malaysianbritishsociety.org/activity/7
Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation (CARIF)
21st June 2012
Performed at Sime Darby Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
'Equatorial Hotel Kuala Lumpur together with The British Malaysian Society, AirAsia and Yamaha organised a charity piano concert featuring Bobby Chen the world renowned Malaysian concert pianist with part of the proceeds going to Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation (CARIF). The concert raised RM11,000 to fund cancer research at CARIF .
Bobby Chen himself was moved by the stories of cancer patients and their efforts undergoing treatment. He further added “For this concert, I felt that even after it ended, the audience left affected by the music, as well as enlightened about the emotional effects of cancer. I am just delighted that I could play such a tiny part to help”'
1) Official publication - www.cancerresearch.my/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2012_June_Generic_CARIF-Celebrates-10-Years-of-Innovative-Cancer-Research-in-Malaysia.pdf
2) Separate photos - www.bobbychen.org/carif
Opera Holland Park
24th April 2020
Recorded the music for 'Pirates to Penzance Presentation' (#PiratesToPenzance), for Opera Holland Park, acknowledgement in credits at end of video - initiated and organised by Michael Larsen, who is Court Assistant at The Worshipful Company of World Traders.
1) YouTube link (unlisted) - https://youtu.be/ZvY5hFmhqs0
The Jasmine Ball
7th March 2013
The Jasmine Ball - to raise over £100,000 towards UNICEF’S emergency response to the child victims of the crisis in Syria, at One Mayfair.
1) Separate photos - www.bobbychen.org/thejasmineball